Freedom is my religion

I'M A SIMPLE GURL WITH SIMPLE DREAMS. IN MY SIMPLICITY MY WORKS ARE CREATED. & IN MY SIMPLICITY, DO NOT TAKE FROM ME WHAT ISN'T YOURS. ASK, A SIMPLE MIND (USUALLY) OBLIGES.

Disclaimer: All entries are solely based on the imagination, thoughts & reflection of the writer. Any resemblance to persons alive, dead, or anywhere in between is purely a guilt trip, & a coincidence.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Private extrovert

The epitome of stupidity in the internet-age today, is when someone tells me that his/her blog is a private one, one that allows the writer to write anything he/she desires. They are allowed to write anything about anyone, without liability or whatsoever, because this is a private blog, and I want to do what I want to do.

I remember incidents where people were upset that their site was 'defaced' by people who replied posting somethings that didn't agree with the writer. She was so upset that she moved the entire site to another undisclosed address.

My point is simple. If u have the guts to post and publish on the internet, u must also have the responsibility and guts to face up to all the disagreement that may arise. & disagreement here includes posting (obviously) fugly pics of urself but can’t stop praising urself just cuz u think u look darn pretty, as well as comparing urself to celebrity bloggers when ur readership ain’t that wide. It’s just pointless boosting that could trigger anyone to flame u on ur tagboard. Don’t go crying to anyone when that happens.

I also remember incidents where people bitched about another on their online journal. To and insult to injury, she then said that it was in her freedom and rights' to write whatever she wanted on her 'private' blog.

How private could it be when even I got wind of the blog, of someone I barely knew? What rights and freedom do u have, that allows ur words to bind another?

Don't you think that it is stupid to say that it is private when what u write is published on the World-wide Web, where one links to another, to another and to u? Haven't we understood that the Internet unleashes us to unlimited amount of anything we desire to find?

How private could it be, when we publish on the internet, hoping that it remains within a small group of readers, selected by u in ur support, when the purpose of the Internet is to remove boundaries over its accessibility?

Ur dying intention to want to share, yet defending opposing views with privacy has just made a mockery to the Internet, Privacy & urself.

If u can't handle the heat of ur actions, don't do it.

With this, I’d also like to clarify something else. Friends from work, whoever u are, who’s always been reading my blog, regarding the entry on 28th febuary 2005 which I openly admit using the Internet in our shop, I hope u understand a clear point that u didn’t just discover a skeleton in my closet. So quit behaving like u’re darn shocked to ‘discover’ how ‘notorious’ I am. Let the discussions behind my back go on (ignore this if ur consiences are clear).

At least I’ve been honest.

& Meishi, to ur comment on having new inspirations to blog after the misunderstanding we had the other day. Nope I’m not prepared to trigger another one with an entry over here. Let the bygones be what it is.

Look beyond ur noses folks, there's a whole world of possibilities out there.